7 Day Vegan

day one

This week I asked my mom if we could do the 7 day vegan challenge. I have two friends, Joanna and Sophia who are vegans so I knew veganism is a thing. But I didn't learn what veganism is until I asked mom about a candy.  I have just kinda heard about it so I thought it would be fun. I found some recipes and now we are doing it. We made breakfast (apple cinnamon oatmeal), lunch (bruschetta),  and dinner (veggie burgers and fries) so far and it isn't so challenging yet.

day two

It's getting more challenging. The boys quit and ate egg sandwiches. Shame on them. I still am going. I want eggs, but I have to finish or shame on ME. Today we ate my LEAST favorite meal in the WHOLE challenge: spicy peanut stew. It lived up to its name.




day three

The boys are STILL eating eggs. I start craving for non vegan stuff. I decide to put my mind on my new hamster, Jeffy, instead. 

day four

I really, really REALLY want milk. And halloumi. And some burgers. The boys still eat eggs. Ellie made apple pie and it was amazing and I couldn't believe it was vegan.

day five 

I WANT BURGERS! NOT VEGGIE BURGERS, REAL BURGERS. Today we ate my FAVORITE meal in the WHOLE challenge. aloo gobi which is potatoes and cauliflower in this sauce with rice. It's Indian. Mom made hard boiled eggs. TORTURE!!! For a science experiment, but still, TORTURE!!!

day six

THE BOYS ATE HARD BOILED EGGS FOR BREAKFAST! AAAUUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!
I NEED MEAT!!! MEAT EGGS AND MILK. AAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!

DAY SEVEN!!!

ALMOST DONE! I WANT MEAT! AND EGGS! AND MILK! Wait, milk, milk, milk. MOM THINKS I HAVE A DAIRY ALLERGY!?! WWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYY!!!
At least I can have it in small amounts. Pizza night is saved. BUT STILL. WHYYYYYY!!!
My skin rash I've had for years cleared up over the challenge and MOM thinks it's because of milk. AAAUUUGGGHHH!!! WHY!!!



epilouge
The vegan challenge was exciting as we got closer and closer to the finish. It was challenging.
Doing the vegan challenge was my idea, so now that it's over, I get to challange someone, hmmmm... I know! I challenge the Mikes to the VEGAN CHALLENGE... there. Greta, out.
Vegan cheesecake that Ellie made that wasn't very yummy. It was the celebration for the end of the vegan challenge that I was super excited about when we were looking for recipes on the internet and so Ellie made it for me
Postscript by Eliza:

I, personally, don't think that the vegan challenge was all that bad. Yes, I did miss some things, though. But, since most of the meals we ate were fresh and had flavor that POPPED because of all the spices, I didn't miss things that much. Actual cheese in cheesecake would've been nice.😏 I cooked some, and it's still amazing to me how many food stuffs are 'accidentally vegan' (i.e. Hershey's Chocolate Syrup, peanut butter, and Twizzlers). We didn't have to live off lettuce, and actually, we hardly ate lettuce at all! So, if I had to (or even if I didn't) I wouldn't mind being a vegan. *shrug*
Also, something y'all should know; this challenge was inspired by ... a YouTuber. I think Greta saw his video and thought "Ooh, that looks cool," and *poof* 7 Day Vegan Challenge Baby (Solves All Ya Problems). I told you about it, so here it is for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGZQopQTkfA

Little blurb by Henry:
I never actually started the challenge (drank milk the first meal lol), because I'm a hardcore carnivore and I think that mealtime should not be like a punishment to atone for past sins. I honestly thought a couple dishes were ok, like the ginger noodles. I also now know how to make an awesome jalapeno egg sandwich :)
It was fun eating egg in front of my sibs...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Counting in Arabic

The Abu Dhabi Adventure

Highlights of the past few days: